Friday, April 10, 2009

Updates...

Caroline's surgery went really well, but the recovery part wasn't so great! She cried for 2 hours. Looking back, I think it was mainly because they put the IV in her thumb-sucking hand so she could suck her thumb. She would NOT drink for anything! Finally about 3 hours after surgery she drank a Capri Sun and she was able to get her IV out. Her little face was sooo swollen - they said it was from the steriods in the breathing treatment. Whatever it was from, she looked so pitful. It was so hard not to cry! By yesterday afternoon, she was herself again! Dr. Sims said that on size scale of 1 to 4, her adenoids were a 3+. So I'm guessing that she is going to feel MUCH better!
Now, it seems that if one of your children is going to have surgery that that would be the child you would have to worry about... Carter did not agree. Wednesday morning Carter woke up covered in well, poop. It had gone up his back, down his legs, through his sleeper, into his sleepsack and then through the sleepsack and onto the sheets. Gross. NOT my favorite way to start a morning. At daycare that day he went 2 more times in that same capacity. He's teething- big time - so I wasn't terribly concerned. On Wednesday night Jonathan's parents kept Carter because we had to leave at 5:30am the next morning for the hospital. That night he vomited all over Linda, himself and their bedroom. The next morning poop 2 more times. They went ahead and took him to daycare since he had no fever and they wanted to get to the hospital. He did great all day yesterday - then he got home. He vomited 4 more times last night. I guess I can't continue to blame his teeth, so Dr. Smith will get a call today. I am now wishing for just ONE week that I wouldn't have to take a child to the doctor. I'm pretty sure my next step is to set up direct deposit to Pediatric Assoc. Will they do that?!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bless your heart! I know that when Preston had surgery on his toe, it was one of the hardest days of my entire life...and I didn't have another sick baby besides him. I really hope Caroline and Carter will feel better very soon. Love you all!

Shanna said...

Glad you posted an update, wanted to call, but was afraid you might have your hands full...Hope things get better in the next few days!!

Jeremy, Shauna, & Kennedy said...

Poor babies! I'm so glad you posted an update. I thought of you guys all day yesterday. I hope both are feeling better soon!!

jparsley said...

I can so sympathize with you!!! Glad Caroline is doing well and hope Carter is on the mend too. Keep us posted and I'll be thinking of you and the kids!