Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Is it April already!?

I can't believe it has been so long since I posted! There is a lot going on in our household! Both of my babies have been sick off and on now for 2 months. Poor Caroline is currently on her 25th sinus infection. She has been on Omincef for 12 days and yesterday Dr. Smith switched her Azithromycin. I'm afraid she has become immune to many antibiotics. We took her to see Dr. Sims a few weeks ago and he said she needed to have her adenoids removed and tubes put in her ears. We go this Thursday, April 9 to have that done. While I know that this surgery is routine, I have been really scared. If Caroline crosses your heart, please pray that everything goes as planned.

Carter is getting bigger and bigger every day (and cuter)! He is the best little thing! He babbles mamama, dadada, and bababa - he also constantly says, "huh". He has his 2 bottom teeth and the top ones are trying very hard to come through! Here he is in his new car... Isn't my little man so sweet!? I love his blue eyes!!

He LOVES his baseball cap. He does a little dance when we put it on him. I think it makes him feel special!

On March 21st my Grandad turned 80 years old. We ventured to Lexington to help him celebrate. It is so hard for me to realize that he is 80. This is the same man that plummed and wired my house (with the help of Jonathan and my Dad), and then layed almost every piece of tile! There is nothing that he can't do or hasn't already done. He is such an amazing person and I am so blessed to have my hero for a Grandad.
This is my family! My Mom has her hands on Grandad's shoulders, my sisters are on either side if me (Claire in pink and Katy in black), my Dad is directly behind me (kind of hiding!), and my brother Jordan is in a black shirt behind Caroline. Doesn't Jonathan look sooo happy!? We have put Caroline to work this month... She learned to wash the car and mop the floor! (Of course with lots of help!) She loves to help with everything! This morning I had made her a plate of orange slices and bananas. I left her to eat as I got dressed. When I came back, she said, "I ate them all gone and I put my plate away". And she had! Her plate was in the sink!! I was so proud!
Jessica Parsley took some wonderful pictures of Caroline and they are currently up on her site. My favorite is one of her in a tutu making a very excited face! Thanks Jessica!!
I'll keep everyone posted on her progress after surgery. I just pray that this surgery results in a little girl who finally feels good - for the first time in her life! Please remember my Sweet Caroline.

1 comment:

Jeremy, Shauna, & Kennedy said...

We will be keeping Caroline in our thoughts and prayers. No matter how minor of a procedure they say it is...It's still your baby and I know you will be worried. If it is any consolation, Kennedy did wonderful and you would never have known she'd had surgery that day. Let us know if you guys need anything at all.