Tuesday, August 17, 2010

"Big School"

I don't how it's possible, but yesterday my baby girl started preschool. We have been preparing her (or maybe just preparing us!) for this day for some time. She picked out her perfect back pack, we made a special "girls" trip to Kroger so she could pick out her lunch foods, and she picked out her 1st day outfit. When I woke her up yesterday, she stood up on her bed, put her hands on my either side of my face and said, "MOMMY! I can NOT believe I get to go to Big School!" She was one excited girl, I on the other hand was having a hard time not crying. When we got to school she was so happy to see so many of her friends walking in. She said, "Oh my goodness, look! There's Kennedy! And Olivia! And Jayden, and ...". The list went on. She did great finding her cubby and then going to sit on rug. Her excitement was only made greater by the fact that Evy is in her class! They were so cute sitting on the rug together! When it was time, I left her. She was smiling and waving, and I barely made it out the door before I started crying. I know she needs to go to school, I just seriously cannot believe that she's already old enough to be there. I had to go home for about 30 minutes before I was with it enough to go back to work.
Carter wanted a picture with his Sissy
Look how big my baby looks in front of the school! Caroline and Evy
Circle Time dancing
Day 2 - She just looked so darn cute, I had to take her picture!

6 comments:

Emily V. said...

Bless her heart. I know it's so exciting for them but I can't imagine how you felt. I am so not looking foward to Brooks starting school.

Shanna said...

It doesn't seem possible that all the babies I had are now little girls that are in school!!! Hope she LOVES it like Emma did!! Mrs. Diana and Mrs Rausa are awesome!!

April said...

So cute! She will love it! First days of school always make me cry.

jparsley said...

Such sweet pictures of such a sweet girl!!! I can't believe she's at preschool. Noah had Mrs. Diana and Mrs Rausa for two years of preschool and he LOVED them...I know she will have a great year. Hang in there Mommy!

The Stice's said...

She is so sweet and I'm glad that she loves it! So glad that our precious babies will get to go through their school years together!!

Melissa said...

Seriously cannot believe Caroline is in preschool!! Hope the year goes well for her:)