For those of you that know me well, you know that I am a planner, a worrier, and an overthinker! To say that those things have effected this process is an understatement. Jonathan and I agreed on two names shortly after we found out that this precious baby is a girl. Since then, I was given many hours to just sit and think as I was on bed rest. Sitting and thinking really isn't the best situation for this girl! :) We really want start calling baby girl by her name and we just cannot decide. My parents say to just wait until we meet her, but that goes against every bone in body! So, I would love some input from my blogging friends. Our families have been very generous in their opinions - most of which were not positive - but we need some unbiased opinions.
Before I tell what names we are trying to chose between, let me just voice a few of my concerns. We love family names and have found it be very important to us to pass these names to our babies. Caroline Elize is named after my Dad's sister Carol and Jonathan's papaw Elzie. Jonathan Carter is named after his Daddy and Carter was JD's grandma's maiden name. We didn't purposely choose C names, it just happened that we liked the names and actually agreed on them! Now with this little girl, will she feel left out if her name isn't a C name? Will she feel left out if all of her name is not family based? Jonathan kind of wants to stay away from the C names and kind of want to stay with them. (Did I mention I was an overthinker?!)
So with all of that said, here are the names and the family tie, or lack there of. PLEASE tell me what you think...
- Charlotte Rose (Charlotte has no family tie, Rose is Mammaw's middle name and my aunt/ Godmother's first name)
- Charlotte Elizabeth (Elizabeth is my middle name and a long time family name - is this name too long? Would she ever learn to write her own name!?)
- Nora Elizabeth aka Nora Beth (Nora is Jonathan's great aunt, his Mamaw's sister)
- Nora Claire (Claire is my baby sister and she is named after my great-grandmother Clara)
Ok, there you have it! Thanks for your help!!




10 comments:
Lori -
Love ALL the names. . .and Charlotte Elizabeth is not too long! (Meredith Rebekah - a little long too) Doesn't matter if you go with a "C" or without! Just start calling her a name and if it feels right, then go for it! :)
Lindsey
I like Charlotte Rose, that's different yet classic!!
I love all the names too. Our children all had kind of long names and they didn't have any problems learning to write their names, so I wouldn't worry about that. You've just got too much time on your hands because of the bed-rest situation, to worry about things. I seriously doubt that your child will feel left out by not naming her something that starts with the letter "C". I agree that whatever feels right to you and Johnathon...just go with it!!
Coming from a girl who likes the consistency of H names with Hallie Ann and Hannah Claire, of course I vote for the C name. I Heart Charlotte Rose....Classic! So glad you are feeling better!
Ok, so I am going to really make it hard for you...what about Claire Elizabeth??? I say this because I, too like the idea of keeping the "C" theme and when saying Caroline, Carter...Claire is what came out next. Maybe it would be confusing to have two Claire's on your side of the family...
My next vote would be Charlotte Elizabeth. Mommy needs to have her name carried on like Daddy does with Carter:)
I love nora!
Hope you are not worrying yourself to death!!! I think whatever you all settle on will be perfect...that being said, I love Charlotte Elizabeth...hers and Caroline's initials will be just alike, monogrammed clothes would work great!!
I love Charlotte Rose or how about Charlotte Claire? Be sure to tell us what you decide. :)
Don't kno if u have choosen yet but I love the Charlotte Rose... :)
N I'm also sum1 who likes to pase on family names my sons name is Braedyn James! James is a name passed down through the men n my husbands family. It is n his papaw his dad n his brothers names. My other boys name was jaxon after my great grandpa but I promised my husband he could choose the middle as long as I got the 1st name n I didn't like jaxon with james as much as braedyn! Well good luck n I hope I've been of sum help! :)
-Mrs Lindsay
I have the same issue with the "c" names and it is awfully hard to choose a name that way! We almost didn't have a name for our Cooper when he arrived.
I do love Charlotte Rose! It is such a pretty name.
Post a Comment