Monday, December 29, 2008
Sweet Caroline
I have lots of Christmas pics and stories to post, but I had to very quickly share what happened last night... After a BUSY week of traveling and LOTS of presents, we were finally home as a family last night. Carter was playing in his swing and Jonathan, Caroline and I were playing in the floor. She was laughing and carrying on and then she just stopped. She said, "I want to pray." Jonathan asked if she wanted to say her goodnight prayers and she said no, she just wanted to pray. So we stopped and she kneeled down, put her head on the floor and began to pray.
"Thank you to my God for my house, thank you to my God for all of my toys, thank you for my food, thank you for my Carter, thank you for my Grandmommy, my Grandfather, my Mammy, my Pappy, all my friends. Thank you to my God for my Mommy and my Daddy, I love them and they love me sooooo much. I love you and thank you to my God for loving me."
Needless to say, when she was finished Jonathan and I both had tears running down our face. After she finished praying, she said, "OK, now we can play." We are so blessed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
Kids can be so profound!! Hope your Christmas was great!!!
Wow! What a Christmas present for Caroline's mommy and daddy!
Okay, that was one of the sweetest things I've ever read! It made me cry too! There is hope for our future with great parents like you two who raise great children like Caroline! Thanks for sharing.
Ok so I's sobbing! The purity of a child's heart reminds us of what is good in this world! We are all so blessed to have such an incredible little girl in our lives. A true testament to amazing parenting for you and Jonathan both! I love you all so much!
Thats the sweetest thing in the world. I'm almost in tears myself. Just lets you know you are raising them right. Love you guys...
Post a Comment